The Assistant Project Manager is a member of the manufacturing team responsible for assisting with the progress of on-going projects. In this position, you will bring your administrative and construction knowledge to contribute and improve our current processes.
- Assist in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules.
- Assist in pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation bid review, subcontractor negotiations and assembly of the final project expenses.
- Assist in the development of monthly cash flow projections.
- Attend and participate in project meetings as needed.
- Assist in identifying conflicts and work to find and implement viable solutions.
- Prioritize tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to fellow employees to keep the project on schedule.
- Make visits to the project site, verifying that the site is organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established completion target. Prepare reports while onsite or immediately following the site visit.
- Track and process product submittals.
- Track and process substitution requests.
- Implement and maintain folders with product information for standard products.
- Assist in the review and processing of monthly payment applications.
- Assist in helping to define, write, review & implement processes.
- Assist in review of project inclusions and exclusions for consistency.
- Work directly with project managers to help implement project goals, set schedules and keep various team members updated.
- Assist in maintaining records for projects.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail; highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Adaptable problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be a positive team player who is willing to learn with a willingness to assist other departments as needed.
- Must be able to speak, write an understand English, highly preferred.
- Confidence is key.
- Impeccable time management skills.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1-2 years’ experience in supportive role in construction or related field preferred.
- Experience with Procore preferred.
- Intermediate in MS Office, including Outlook and Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.