CRATE Modular is a fast-growing company utilizing both recycled shipping containers and light-gauge steel structural systems to manufacture modular building solutions for the multi-family, education, and hospitality markets.
This position is responsible for overseeing the BIM management and processes for the company primarily using Revit software. The ideal candidate will initiate innovative solutions to increase efficiency in design and production, including creating custom parametric families and exporting BIM information to and from Revit. The candidate will work closely with our in-house Architect/Engineers/Drafters in residential design and must be skilled with design documents.
- The candidate will oversee Revit management and user processes
- Oversee design processes and modeling in Revit and other Autodesk products
- Set up templates, and standards for use by all disciplines
- Lead BIM processes for shop drawing from permit drawings, manage release of drawings to the production floor and maintain revision control.
- Lead the creation of a database/catalogue of standardized parts to be reused between projects.
- Help to create, maintain, and change ASMEP models throughout project
- Creation of parametric families and processes
- Test and learn new plugins for Revit
- Liaison between design department and Revit programming consultants
- Set model standards for specified LOD
- Develop processes for interdisciplinary coordination
- Coordinate BOM (bill of material) output with purchasing and financial software
- Assist/instruct designers in Revit/Inventor and suggest continued learning
- Manage and track software licensing
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 5+ years working with Revit in an Architecture or Engineering firm
- Bachelor’s Degree Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering (Prof. or Tech.)
- Liaison with Client, Design team, Contractors and Fabricators
- Thorough understanding of construction documents in ASMEP
- Expert knowledge of Revit
- Working knowledge of Inventor required
- Familiarity Autodesk Vault PDM or other Product Data Management system
- AutoCAD, Dynamo, and Navisworks
- Clash review, Parametric design, custom Families
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with generous company match and immediate vesting
- Annual bonus/ incentive programs