Crate Modular, Inc. is a high-growth manufacturing company producing factory-built housing and other structures utilizing re-purposed shipping containers. We’ve set new standards in our industry with our modern, energy efficient, and sustainable structures made from 85% reclaimed materials.
We are growing our high-performing team and looking for new talent that strive for excellence, have a desire to make an impact, and have proven track records in real estate development, manufacturing, construction, or startup environments.
CRATE Modular seeks a Los Angeles based Drafter. In a nutshell, we work on the hard stuff. Our customers come to us to quickly engineer, cost effective solutions to a wide range of technical challenges. These include product development and design to manufacturing/factory automation and everything in between. Project like these requires us to be fast and accurate since time lost getting to market reduces profits. We take these projects from the concept phase all the way to delivery of production hardware to the end customer. To do this, we are constantly looking for the best engineering talent.
The ideal candidate should be able to closely work with our Design and Engineering Team to bring ideas from conception to sampling and testing to use in the product. He/She must be able to demonstrate strong organization skills, be a quick learner, and be willing to adjust on the fly.
- Prepare AutoCAD and REVIT drawings from markups, sketches, and verbal direction.
- Drafting single-line diagrams from markups.
- Create PDF and printed sets of drawings for review.
- Track all research and development projects for new products and product improvements within an organization. Accurately tracks product specs and development changes through the sampling/testing process.
- Supports the team to conduct research to develop new products to meet the needs of the customer.
- Work in conjunction with multiple departments including engineering, production, sales and marketing to bring a product to the market.
- Preparing design area with materials necessary to start product development process.
- Responsible for maintaining design area at corporate headquarters, which includes organizing samples.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- A basic understanding of Modular Construction and Techniques.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to adapt on the fly.
- Strong communication skills and a team first mentality.
- Experience working with multiple suppliers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem solver.
- Can manage timelines efficiently and independently.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.