CRATE Modular is a steel volumetric modular manufacturer focused on mid- and high-rise development in multiple markets such as affordable housing, education, and hospitality. We help developers, architects and general contractors design and build more efficiently by leveraging the benefits of affordable modular construction process. We’ve set new standards in our industry with our modern, energy efficient, and sustainable steel structures.
We are growing our high-performing team and looking for new talent that strive for excellence, have a desire to make an impact, and have proven track records in real estate development, manufacturing, construction, or startup environments.
The Manufacturing Engineer is a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team will have the responsibility to support the Manufacturing Production Team in planning and ensuring the smooth operation of the factory while working with the Manufacturing Engineering Team to implement continuous improvement projects. Below is a description of the primary job responsibilities and key skills and attributes that are essential to the position.
- Establish and manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, design layout of factory and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Perform production planning and scheduling functions working with procurement and design as required.
- Design tools, jigs and fixtures as required to improve process speed and quality.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
- Assist manufacturing engineering team in continuous improvement projects
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or industrial) or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Proficient in 3D CAD design software like SOLIDWORKS or Autodesk Inventor
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual activity to perform and activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.