The Painter is a member of the Manufacturing team responsible for helping to ensure the accurate and quality interior and exterior painting of our structures. You will use your expertise to produce quality structures according to standards and timelines. As a Painter, you will bring your experience in structures and paint to improve the later stages of our manufacturing process. Below is a description of the primary job responsibilities and key skills and attributes that are essential to the position.
- Prep metal, drywall, and wood surfaces.
- Use spray gun to apply primer and paint to various surfaces.
- Complete work in a timely manner on tasks as assigned without compromising quality and attention to detail.
- Training new hires.
- Follow instructions of Station Lead or Production Supervisor and ask for clarification where further directions are required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Provide recommendations for improvements that might increase production, streamline processes, and lower costs.
- Adhere to and enforce safety best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Detail Oriented
- Time-management Skills/li>
- Problem Solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to do basic math and measure square footage and calculate weight.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of Painting tools
- 2-4 years of experience as a painter
- General knowledge of construction and/or manufacturing operations.
- Experience with and understanding of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual activity to perform and activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.