Crate Modular, Inc. is a high-growth manufacturing company producing factory-built housing and other structures utilizing re-purposed shipping containers and light gauge steel. We’ve set new standards in our industry with our modern, energy efficient, and sustainable structures made from 85% reclaimed materials.
We are growing our high-performing team and looking for new talent that strive for excellence, have a desire to make an impact, and have proven track records in real estate development, manufacturing, construction, or startup environments.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects through to fabrication and delivery based on the business goals. You will use your experience and training to support the team needed for the production of quality structures according to standards and timelines as provided by your Supervisor.
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all stakeholders to ensure feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation by working with the Project Planner and all stakeholders.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate process and documents
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders as well as third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation (RFI logs, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Develop spreadsheets, schedules and process maps to document needs
- Complete work in a timely manner on tasks as assigned without compromising quality and attention to detail.
- Provide recommendations for improvements that might increase production, streamline processes, and lower costs.
- Adhere to and enforce safety best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- General knowledge of construction and/or manufacturing operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to do basic math and measure square footage and calculate weight.
- Experience with and understanding of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Project Management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience within the manufacturing construction field (equivalent trade experience may be considered)
- 5+ years’ experience of managing and ensuring safety on job sites.
- Experience in managing and directing Subcontractors
- OSHA 30 certified.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office- Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Travel is required
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual activity to perform and activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.