The Quality Assurance Specialist is tasked with defining and promoting a quality mindset across the entire company. QA Specialist with assist in maintaining a complete QA program that not only safeguards the quality of our products, but also fosters a “quality culture,” in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of product throughout all stages of fabrication to confirm quality conformance to specifications and deliverables.
- Assist operations and the overall quality function in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality levels.
- Identify areas of strength and weakness of the trades on the factory floor and create a program to incentivize excellent performers.
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Develop system to identify production issues to provide suggestions and recommendations to eliminate them in future projects.
- Monitor risk-management procedures and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to management and product development.
- Provide training and support to production team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Collaboration skills
- Product management skills
- QA process skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BA or BS in appropriate discipline, preferred.
- Construction background.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and legal standards
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of construction software such as Procore and Offsight, preferred.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual activity to perform and activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.