Company Description: CRATE Modular is a fast-growing company utilizing both recycled shipping containers and light-gauge steel structural systems to manufacture modular building solutions for the multi-family, educational, commercial, and public-works sectors.
The ideal Superintendent candidate must be willing to travel (expense to be covered by employer), available to work the hours as the project schedules mandate, have a passion to exceed client’s expectations, for safety, to lead projects, and to develop relationships with co-workers, subcontractors, and client staff.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with large retail, new construction and Tenant Improvement.
Position Summary: A Superintendent helps to consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. Our Superintendents are critical to the success of the project team and are directly responsible for the supervision, coordination, scheduling, and control of all field activities of Subcontractors and suppliers.
They oversee project safety and quality control programs in the field, ensuring that the project is constructed as specified and according to state and federal regulations. As a member of the team, superintendents are also responsible for assisting in the professional growth of team members and maintaining relationships with clients ensuring that the clients are absolutely satisfied with their final product.
- Consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and exceed clients’ expectations. Ensures that all projects are completed by the highest standard.
- Assure Quality Control throughout the duration of the project. Compare shop drawings to the work in progress to ensure compliance to the plans and spec’s.
- Witness and verify testing operations are conducted accurately and corrections are made where necessary.
- Ensure components to be set aside for project FOB delivery are stored properly and not lost.
- Ensure all components are placed with the units per the settings schedule.
- Conduct slide presentation to A/E and GC and advise on how the units are set, plumbed and aligned.
- Report any delays immediately to the project manager.
- Attend pre- lift meetings with the general contractor.
- Conduct site visits ahead of lifts to ensure embeds, block outs and set blocks are properly placed and report findings to the general contractor.
- Supervision of Subcontractors who are in plant and on-site, 100% of the time
- Attend pre-construction meeting with client, architect and owner. Develop comprehensive project strategy of execution to meet scheduling, logistics, and inspection milestones while meeting all rules and regulations. Identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope
- Minimize delays through collaborating with Project Manager at the onset of construction, work with Project Manager to review production line scopes and schedule
- Work professionally and fairly with all Subcontractors and vendors at all times.
- Responsible for and must be present for all building inspections
- As the Jobsite Safety Manager, oversees all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, eliminate accidents, and ensure a clean, safe and secure work environment
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling of all the work for the Subcontractors, both owner supplied as well as Subcontractors ensuring speed, efficiency and quality.
- Proactively assess and, if necessary, change the order of construction due to delays to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Throughout the construction project, work in partnership with Project Manager to maintain open communication and maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
- Provide accurate information documenting Daily Job Reports, Daily Safety Reports, 3-Week Look Ahead (weekly) and Incident/ Accident Reports
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for labor and other miscellaneous expenses while proactively look for ways to streamline tasks during projects
- Ensure rules and regulations are followed in order to minimize risks and develop a good relationship with all parties involved in the project
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Project Management
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience within the manufacturing construction field (equivalent trade experience may be considered)
- 5+ years’ experience of managing and ensuring safety on job sites.
- Experience in managing and directing Subcontractors
- OSHA 30 certified.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office- Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Travel is required
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, pick, pinch, grasp, feel, and perform repetitive motion.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual activity to perform and activity such as: operating machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Subject to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, noise, vibration, hazards, and atmospheric conditions.
- Function in narrow aisles or passageways.