American Family Housing
Orange County, CA
15161 Jackson St. Midway City, CA
Potters Lane is the first apartment building for chronically homeless veterans in the United States, made out of recycled shipping containers. Designed and manufactured for American Family Housing, an organization whose mission is to provide housing and services to support homeless and low-income families and adults.
From the time Crate delivered the first module, Potters Lane was completed in less than five months. The project is a Merit Award winner in the Affordable Housing category of the 2018 Builder’s Choice & Custom Home Design Awards.
Designed in partnership with SVA Architects
- Design to occupancy in 9 months
- Apartment building for chronically homeless veterans
- First-of-its-kind permanent supportive housing development to use recycled shipping containers
- Designed to complement the surrounding environment
- Reduced development inefficiencies, increased sustainability and energy efficiency, and created opportunities to leverage scarce resources